I am loosing patience with Palm!
The Palm Pre is first and foremost a cellular phone. (That’s why you commit to a 2-year plan with Sprint!) Various states ban/restrict the use of cellphones while driving unless they are operated through a hands-free device. Such devices require Bluetooth to operate.
The 1.1 WebOS update has finally arrived and it did not address the assorted Bluetooth problems with the Palm Pre. (The Pre’s Bluetooth software is still at version 1.0.)
Palm’s Official Forum makes it clear:
* Nissan & Infinti‘s Built-in Bluetooth Hands-free Systems are not compatible with the Palm Pre. The Pre will sync but the connection is full of static and will eventually drop the call.
* Similar problems have been reported with various models from Acura, BMW, Ford, GMC and Mazda.
* Bluetooth headsets by BlueAnt, Jawbone and Motorala have problems syncing and pairing.
* Stereo Headphones like Motorola Rokr S9, Altec Lansing Backbeat 903 and Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800/ HBH-DS980 have choppy playback and weak connections which fail outdoors.
This is ridiculous!! I was hoping the 1.1 update would address the Pre’s growing list of Bluetooth problems! If you are having a Bluetooth problem with the Palm Pre, we need to join together and turn this into a social campaign:
- Call Palm’s Technical Support line at 1(866)750-7256 and ask for a “Level 2 Specialist” and file a complaint.
- Create new threads on the Palm Forum about all Bluetooth problems!
- Talk about it on blogs, Facebook, Myspace & Twitter … anywhere and everywhere!
The louder we get, the faster Palm will acknowledge the problem and fix it!!